Sunday, December 6, 2009

Well.................

Today started like any other.I woke up,went pee,got a cup of tea,sat down at the computer,Then that's when Donald broke the news to me.He told me him mom got the ventilator removed at 8:30 this morning.I got very excited and started throwing clothes on to go make my apperance.Donald said he would stay here with the kids while I went to visit because he didn't want to take the kids back.I said ok I won't be long and left.I made it to the hospital and into the ICU room and was standing bedside with Donald's brother.We was talking about how good she looked today and how she kept looking at us.We was so very happy.Then in came the doctor and that's when it all went downhill.Her right foot started moving so the doctor assumed it was a cramp he could rub out.As soon as the sheet was removed and he placed his hand upon her foot her whole body started shaking and her eyes went wild.I got scared thinking it was over and grabbed her hand and started yelling her name and finally I looked at the doctor and he told me to sit down before I passed out.Geez I must have looked awful.I just wanted to cry and hold her close like a mother would do to her child.They gave her meds to calm the seizure and she went to sleep for an hour.Donald's brother called Donald and told him he should come on in since Donald's dad was here with the kids.I just couldn't figure out why in the world she had a seizure because just 2 minutes before I had placed my hand upon her head and said a prayer for her.I know God knows what is going on and he will soon show me the reason in it.It hurts me to see her like that.I have known her 13 years and once she was the only mother I had.Yes she raised me through most of my teenage years.I had come to peace with the fact that if she decided it was time to pass then so be it.She would no longer be in pain and all scrunched up.See she has scoliosis which makes her spine in the shave of a v.With this her lungs have very little space.Where she would be at least 5'11 she is only a little over 4ft tall.She has been a wonderful Mother,Grandmother,Friend.She is an only child so has no siblings.It is sleeting here.It started while ago around 6pm and hasen't stopped yet.It was 40 degrees today so it may not get to slick but then again we are in for rain and snow tomorrow and Tuesday.We will just wait to see if it does it or not.It would be nice if it would accumulate a little.I guess that's an update for now.Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, I can't even begin to imagine how scarey that must have been for you, Grace. I'm glad she pulled through. You're right, God does know best though - no matter what happens.