Saturday, January 30, 2010

It Don't Taste Like Mommy's...............

My mother is snowed in with us as most of you know.I finally went out with the kids to play in the 10+ inches of snow then I came in,sat down,and fell asleep.When I awoke  my mother was cooking.Oh dear lord how could you let her?I didn't go disturb her,I just let her keep cooking.Finally it was done and time to eat!The menu was sausage,eggs,biscuits,gravy.The kids ate their eggs and sausage but after taking a bite of their biscuits and gravy they kindly asked for cereal.I think I will be following the kids on that cereal.The poor kids kept telling Grandma that it just don't taste like mommy's.I will make sure I am awake to cook for my family in the day's to come.I'd sure hate to put everyone on a starvation diet.Geez no wonder I gained weight when I left home lol.

3 comments:

momstheword said...

Yummm, sausage and eggs sound awesome! But yeah, fattening. Oh yes please, send me some snow!

-stephanie- said...

Keep steering her to cleaning. :o)

I guess it was the thought that counted. Have fun in the snow. Stay safe.

christy rose said...

Bummer it did not taste that great! I love it when people cook for me. but it is a bummer if it does not taste good because you never want to hurt their feelings. I agree with Stephanie. Steer her toward cleaning. :)