Monday, February 15, 2010

2 Ladies,6 Kids,& A Road Trip!

I could tell Saturday had the potential to turn into a bad day.I was determined it was not happening!I called my sister and asked if she had any plans and she said no so I asked if her and my neice would like to go to the cave with me and my kids.They did so I got me and my kids ready then headed her way to pick them up.We decided we would just go real slow so we could stop and take pics along the way.It was a nice slow drive but it was great.The 6 kids rode peacefully with no fighting or bickering.We made it to the cave to find the next tour didn't start til 4:15pm so we found way's to occupy ourselves and the kids.We went and found a small cave and a waterfall and then we went in a building to see exihbits.For those that are wondering YES we do grow rocks around here!On the way home it got dark.We were all starving and no fast food in sight.We thought we took a wrong turn so I pulled in to a parking lot to turn around when I seen the sign {DINER} oh boy thats all we needed!We put the rig in park and removed ourselves from our entrapments and marched right in and pulled up chairs.The food was wonderful!I'm not sure if it was good because we were starved or if it was really just yummy but it tasted good and filled our tummy's.After driving for 6 hours {maybe a little more} I finally made it home.It was late and the kids were tired so they went straight to bed and I wasen't far behind.It was a fantastic Valentine's weekend!

4 comments:

Ever Blessed said...

I'd sure like to hear a fabricated version of being in the middle of nowhere and just "happen" to be turning around when the neon flash of a diner catches the attention of weary travelers...

Can't wait to read the book!

Sounds like your real life adventure was quite a blessing!

Love ya!

-stephanie- said...

How cool! What a fun day.

Chrissy said...

It was so so fun! I am ready to do it again soon! Thank you for the wonderful treat!

christy rose said...

It sounds like you avoided a bad day and turned it into a wonderful one! :)